From the Desk of Director
Mr. Ram Yadav is Founder and Director of Ellen College of Design, which is a premier design college of Jaipur. His educational qualifications include Masters in Design, Management and Information Technology. Having academic experience of almost 21 years, Mr. Yadav is a faculty member of EDP (Entrepreneurship Development Programme) certified by the MSME(Government of India) with this, he is actively involved in the textile design and handicraft cluster development program under the government to promote heritage and art of Rajasthan.
Experience in Education Industry
I have been associated with this industry for more than 21 years and have experienced a variety of emotions simultaneously. An educational institute is a place where students come with their dreams and ideas, and we help to put wings to their dreams.
One can rightly say that education industry will not only nourish one's intelligence but develop one’s personality as well. As an educationist, I feel honoured and proud to be linked with this industry and contribute to shaping the future of the nation.
Being the Director of the Ellen College, I have faced many problems but nothing has ever stopped me to achieve my defined goals. An excellent administrator is the one who is not only a good listener, excellent collaborator but also a brilliant problem solver. A team leader should possess excellent communication skills in order to guide his/her colleagues in a defined way.
Suggestions to the upcoming youth
I believe, passion can fuel every pinch of creativity with great success. Students entering the design industry should possess a compassionate attitude towards their work assignments. The workload and efforts in the design industries are very demanding and at some point, may become frustrating. One can only survive if they are ardent about their course work and enjoy every challenge. My only advice, therefore, to every millennial is to stay focused on the opted career and have a well-defined vision for the same.
Curriculum Practices at Ellen College
A good educational institution is the one where students can learn to connect education with their daily life issues and problems. Therefore, we promote learning with understanding within the context of advanced study. If we talk about design institute in particular, apart from the practical practices, it is also necessary to emphasize interdisciplinary connections and integration within the course curriculum.
At ELLEN, we believe in constantly striving to stretch our horizons. To this end, we are ably guided by our Advisory Boards.
The Board will advise the ELLEN leadership on industry trends and directions. They are expected to be innovative forums that will create new mechanisms to help students have a deeper and involved interaction with the Industry.
- Italian Designer, Creator of @visionupia
- 11 years experience as Faculty of Design, Fashion Marketing & Interior Design
- An active educator in the field of Sustainability & Fashion for the last decade in Brasil, Malaysia, Dubai, Hong Kong and Macau.
- Currently she is curating the Hong Kong Pavilion at The Biennial Countless Cities 2021 in Italy.
- UGC-NET Cleared in Visual Arts
- Experience as Design Consultant - AAGAAS(Uttrakhand), Design Curator- National Gallery of Modern Art(New Delhi), Designer-RUDA(Jaipur)
- Draft a Policy on Natural Fibre Craft for Kerla. Worked for: KIDS, Kottapuram Integrated Development Society, Kerala (an NGO).
- Worked as a Design Expert for Design Clinic Workshop on Blue Pottery under MSME Design Clinic Scheme conducted by FICCI.
- Documentation of Jaipur Blue Pottery, Craft Documentation of all Natural Fibre in India, Traditional Wood Craft of Barmer, Traditional Crafts of Jaipur, Sponsored by Jaipur Virasat Foundation
- Educationist | Mentor | Painter | Designer I Film Maker
- Classically trained fine artist from Delhi College of Art
- Experience of more than 30 years, Have taught in India and abroad.
- Certified Faculty from Centennial College, Toronto, Canada
- Areas of Expertise: Drawing, Painting, Design, Teaching, Course Designing
- Areas of Interest: Writing, Film making, Photography, Animation, Sculpture
- Visiting Faculty of NID, NIFT, Delhi College of Art and Many Pvt. Colleges in india
- Published books - named “LINE, SHADE & SHADOW” and “CONCEPT-the short story of design”
- Active in Films as Writer, Actor, Costume Designer, Art Director & Director
- Post Graduate in Textile Design & Development From NIFT, New Delhi
- 19 Years Professional Experience in Textile Design, Product Development And Sourcing
- Currently Working With J Franco & Sons, NEW YORK.
- Worked as Fashion Coordinator With Lawrence & Stevens Fashion, NEW YORK
- Worked as Design & Product Development Manager With CHF Industries, NEW YORK
- Worked For MICHAEL ARAM, DKC, DK PURE, DKNY, HOME-GOODs, TK MAXX, JOHN ROBSHAW, BED BATH & WAL-MART
- 25 Years of Academic And Professional Experience in Styling, Personal Grooming And Stage Makeup
- Gold Medalist in AIHBA
- Member of "All India Hair and Beauty Association"
- Social Activist, Mentor Thousands of Students
- Working with Leading Modeling Agencies, Designers, Stylists, Photographers